Finding Your Happy Balance Will Help You Plan For Your Financial Happiness
Happiness isn’t about the next thing you want to buy. It’s about changing your way of thinking.
No matter what tough situations you find yourself in (use this space to verbalize or write down your tough situations) try to focus on what is going right in your life. Focusing on what’s wrong leads to a downward spiral of negativity. Thinking about what’s working for you can cause an emotional chain reaction lifting you upward.
If you set meaningful, realistic goals of what you want to achieve in life, including financial goals, and you take action to achieve goals on a daily basis, you’ll be amazed how those 365 little actions have added up to alter your life. The magic of action, even when we take the smallest steps, is transformative.
The following is taken from the January/February 2018 edition of Psychology Today. These “10 Rules for Reinvention” if kept somewhere where you can see them frequently and reflect on them, can help to make fundamental changes in behavior.
1. Don’t beat yourself up for your problem; it serves a purpose.
2. Acknowledge the fear of failing to meet a wanted goal.
3. List the pros and cons of changing, and inventory all the forces working for and against change.
4. Prepare in advance ways to counter feelings of frustration and discouragement.
5. Break your goal down into small, specific incremental steps.
6. Stay attuned to the dream; give yourself regular reminders of the goal.
7. Align your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with your goal; you might feel fake at first.
8. Engage in any activity that boosts faith in yourself.
9. Keep friends around; they lift your mood.
10. Accept the deep discomfort of uncertainty that change brings; it’s only temporary.
Like the featured rainbow picture, this picture was also taken by Tony Gorman. It was taken a few days ago at the Mystic Seaport. I believe that water and the color blue are therapeutic in that they represent serenity. To all who read my blog, thank you; and I wish you a successful 2018 both personally and financially.